Fishguard Fort.

Beautiful views from the Fort overlooking the harbour at Fishguard. IMG_20160623_102727 There were originally eight 9-pounder guns manned by three invalid gunners.

The Fort was built in 1781 following a pirate attack on Fishguard by “The Black Prince” in 1779.

It fell into disrepair following the Napoleonic Wars in 1815. It is now owned by The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.

IMG_20160623_102633 IMG_20160623_102427 IMG_20160623_102350 IMG_20160623_101930IMG_20160623_101922  IMG_20160623_101957